Toxic Mold Can Infect Everyone!

There are many species of the fungi that are called Mold.  Many of these can be Toxic and cause many serious health problems.  If a certified Mold Remediator can have such a reaction to Toxic mold, just think what can happen to your health, your family’s health and also your home’s health.  Black mold is only one of the many toxic molds that can invade your home causing  serious health problems.

One of the most common and Toxic molds is called Penicillium sp. The photo shown here is a highly magnified colony of Penicillium SP.  It is one of the most common Fungal genera world wide. There are over 200 species of  toxic mold, it occurs in the out door environment, mold spores can be found in decaying plant debris, compost piles, fruit rotting.  In this outdoor environment it is a dry spore spread by wind and insects.  Symptoms are common allergy type symptoms such as hay fever, asthma, but also can become severe pneumonitis and allergic alveolitis ( inflammation of the lungs) and bronco spasms in which the bronchi become inflamed and close making it hard to breath. It can cause skin lesion and rashes, and can also infect your pets.

Growth indoors are commonly found in house dust and under carpeting that has gotten wet and the padding stay moist as that is all that mold needs to grow and a food source which can be anything organic, such as damaged wallpaper and glue, drywall that has become moist.

This mold produces Microbial volatile organic compounds.  This mold also has a heavy “musty” odor.  The colonies readily grow and appear in shades of blue, green and white on the surface they are living on.  Like all mold, as long as they have moisture, air and a

source of food which is any organic material, this dangerous mold will spread.  It is often hidden in areas not able to be seen with the naked eye.  In the duct work of an AC unit that has collected moisture or an attic on the cellulose or fiberglass insulation that is moist.  If you smell a musty odor, it is imperative that you not treat this just as you would some mildew you find on the bathroom shower curtain.  As a parent that has experience a child having serious respiratory problems from unknown mold in our home, I wish I had be more attune to “that smell” around our AC unit.  It wasn’t until we had it repaired that we saw inside the wall I knew  this  mold that was making my child sick.  And then adding to the problem, having to find a reputable Mold re-mediator to rid this toxic invader of our home. Calling the BBB and getting references is time consuming especially when you have a sick child in the hospital to be concerned about!

We at Moldremoval.com are serious about the health of your family and home.  Many people have become seriously sick from this  mold.   If you suspect that you have a mold problem, we encourage you to have mold testing done by certified professionals in your area, that are licensed in the state you are living in.  Our contractors are just that.  Let Moldremoval.com help you find a contractor in your area to bring you peace of mind and bring back a Healthy Home to your family.

Be Sociable, Share!
This entry was posted in Toxic Mold Removal, toxic mold test and tagged , , on by .

About Joe Akin

Joe Akin : Since 2008 Joe has been working as the social media coordinator for Moldremoval.com. As a Registered Nurse his medical knowledge has provided many benefits to contractors and the general public who has questions regarding their indoor air quality and the impact mold and mildew can have on their health and property. He has written hundreds of articles and edited videos relating to the problems associated with mold, asbestosis and natural disasters. He has traveled extensive visiting and exhibiting in various trade shows supporting indoor air quality. Many of his articles can be found at moldremoval.com, moldremoval.org and moldremoval.net. His passion continues to be that prevention, awareness, and early detection is the best solution to keeping you and your family safe.